The Village offers a variety of communication platforms where residents can sign up to receive alerts.
- NIXLE- NIXLE is a community notification system to alert residents in real-time.
- Smart911- Plan ahead so that Emergency Dispatch has the information they need to help fast. Smart911 is a free online sign-up service for anyone with a phone -- mobile, landline or Voice Over IP (VOIP). By creating a Safety Profile, telecommunications, and first responders will have all the necessary information in case of an emergency for a more detailed, rapid response, such as pets in a home, vehicle description, and emergency contacts. Home and work addresses can be linked to mobile phones, which do not provide an address to a 911 dispatcher. Some of the information that could be valuable for first responders:
- Medical conditions, such as epilepsy, diabetes, Alzheimer's, allergies, and mental health
- Seniors and elderly care, as well as caretaker contact information
- Physical disabilities and mobility limitations
- Pets and service animals, so that it is known how many need to be found and/or evacuated
- Lindy News- Lindy News is an electronic newsletter that is sent to residents' emails. This e-newsletter aims to keep residents up to date on Village information.